Duffy & Sweeney is now accepting applications from self-reliant and motivated individuals with 3-5 years litigation experience for an associate position in our Litigation Department. We offer a stimulating environment with challenging and rewarding work.
Our lawyers represent clients throughout the region, the nation and the globe. We don’t just represent our clients; we protect their interests by litigating professionally, ethically and assertively. We continue to be in the forefront of cases of first impression and contemporary issues in the business marketplace. We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards and need associates who share these qualities.
Duffy & Sweeney was recently named one of Rhode Islands “Best Places to Work”. Our firm culture fosters a work-life blend and affords associates the opportunity to take ownership of their work while growing and developing their professional skills in a supportive, mentoring environment. We encourage our attorneys to follow their passions for community involvement and leadership.
Our Class A office space combines leading-edge technology with a state-of-the-art modern office design that inspires collaboration.
The candidate we select must meet the following criteria:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent writer
- Effective speaker
- Confident in abilities
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Member of the Rhode Island Bar
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing detailed and comprehensive legal research
- Drafting research and fact memos
- Drafting pleadings and motions
- Handling written discovery
- Taking and defending depositions
- Presenting arguments at court hearings
- Managing document collection, production and review in complex litigation
WHY WORK AT DUFFY & SWEENEY?
- Management team committed to your success
- Challenge oriented work environment
- Collegial and professional workplace
- Substantial opportunity to develop and hone litigation skill set
- Dynamic and varied commercial case load
ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Interdependency – Seeks help when needed but otherwise works productively without close supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to interact effectively with different personality styles.
- Adaptability – Able to change gears as required by current conditions.
- Quality of Work – Attention to detail and organizational skills must be a natural talent.
- Comportment – Behaves in a manner that promotes client trust and respect.
- Client Retention – Seeks ways to insure long-term relationships with clients.
- Optimism – Demonstrates a point of view that anticipates positive outcomes.
- Communication – Speaks directly and appropriately to achieve desired results.
- Challenge Oriented – The word “can’t” is not in their vocabulary.
- Results Orientation – Plans and manages time, tasks and deadlines to achieve goals.
- Accuracy – Consistently produces work that is factually and verifiably accurate.
Starting salary depending on experience. Benefits include health and 401K plus profit sharing.
To arrange a confidential interview, apply below with your resume and a cover page outlining how your experience and attributes is a “match” for our firm.
All qualified resumes will be considered. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Gerald C. DeMaria II, Director of Finance and Administration at email@example.com.