Litigation Legal Assistant
Experienced LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT needed to support multiple attorneys in our Litigation department.
The person in this role must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office including a heavy emphasis on MS Outlook. The ideal candidate will be used to a fast-paced environment and feel comfortable working on a deadline. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and handling client inquiries in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Coordination, filing and retrieval of electronic information using the firm’s document management system.
- Screens phone calls and record messages.
- Opening new files; request conflict of interest checks; maintains all client and general files.
- Schedules meetings for attorney(s) and establishes/ maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems in Outlook/case management system.
- Processes bills; proofs billing sheets; reviews and edits bills.
- Records time into the firm’s accounting system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Operate within a team of assistants providing coverage and/or backup coverage for other attorneys.
- Observes confidentiality of all client matters.
- Work in collaboration with other staff members.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously with the ability to prioritize and work effectively and efficiently.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Gerald C. DeMaria II, Director of Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.